Volunteers Safety Guidelines
"Volunteers enjoying a cup of tea and a
glass of wine"
We pride ourselves in looking after our volunteers. Volunteers are asked
to adhere to the procedures below for their own and members' safety.
- The van needs to be loaded and unloaded using 2 volunteers, one on
either side of ramp, and 1 extra on board a high vehicle. Volunteers are asked
not to allow members to assist.
- Scooters, adapted bikes and electric wheelchairs need to be
manoeuvred into position using their controls when in the van. They should not
be lifted or pushed into position.
- IF A MEMBER FALLS, volunteers should use Moving and Handling
principles if trained to do so, or seek help from someone with the relevant
- Volunteers are asked:
- to check Risk Assessment details prior to the start
- to wear yellow safety jackets AT ALL TIMES when on duty so that
they may be readily identified
- to carry ID badges with a photo
- to carry Ramble Leader's and Designated First Aider's phone
numbers even if not carrying a mobile phone
- to report any accidents, incidents or dangerous occurrences to
Ramble Leader who will record it in Accident Book
Forth & Tay Disabled Ramblers operates a 'No Smoking' policy.
Smoking is not allowed in any Association building, in residences hired by the
Association or in vehicles hired or rented by the Association
FULL DETAILS OF THE HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY ARE AVAILABLE FROM
"Volunteers at work loading the
<< Return to Rambles